After a recent cold spell and various runny noses coming home from playgroups I finally gave into the annual winter cold. I’m congested, my voice is dry and horse, my throat is sore and stingy and I feel exhausted to my bones. Lifting the children in and out of carseats, highchairs and cots feels like lifting a dead weight and come 5pm I’m thinking about crawling under the duvet, all a sign I’m run down.
Since we discovered the benefits of using Young Living essential oils we use them a lot during times when any of us are run down or sick. They can protect the immune system as well as help the body to heal and as I am discovering more and more each day, they are an amazing way to help your mind and body with any ailments.
There is no denying paracetamol is great, but it’s solely a form of pain management. There isn’t a medical option for speeding up healing other than using antibiotics which should only be a last resort saved for when you’re body can’t fight a bug off on it’s own. So if you’re looking for something natural to help speed up healing, boost immunity and protect your family from the winter yuckies I can’t recommend trying oils enough.
We use thieves, lemon, eucalyptus, orange and dorado azul when we’re fighting off sickness, here’s how:
- Diffuse your oils: You can do the above combination altogether or alternate but whatever you do keep diffusing through the period of sickness and make sure to diffuse lots of thieves during this time to stop the bug spreading. Research has shown that oils kill most air-born microorganisms. A French study colonised 210 various microbes and within 30 minutes of misting the air with a mixture of essential oils alone only four colonies remained alive – amazing!! Thieves in particular is a great oil for killing bacteria – it contains clove which is one of three essential oils in which no bacteria, virus or fungi can live.
- Apply thieves oil blend with lemon oil (and a carrier oil like sweet almond), to the soles of your feet, chest and down the spine regularly (every couple of hours)
- Make up a blend of eucalyptus, lemon and dorado azul with a carrier oil (sweet almond) in a roller bottle and apply regularly to the chest and spine to aid with decongestion and breathing
- Dorado Azul is high in eucalyptol and has the following medical properties: anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, antioxidant and antimicrobial. It is a respiratory stimulant so it’s great when used to treat congestion, blocked sinuses, coughs, colds, bronchitis. You can use it as follows: apply to a hanky and breath in deeply. Rub a drop on the bridge of your nose and up your forehead to relieve blocked sinuses. Diffuse. Apply with a carrier oil to chest, spine, soles of your feet.
- Make up some lemon tea – a drop of thieves, a drop of lemon, some fresh lemon slices, some fresh ginger slices and hot water.
How to order your Premium Starter Kit from Young Living
If you have any questions about using oils or if you decide to try Young Living oils and want to join my team drop me an email and I’ll walk you through the sign up or you can go to http://bit.ly/1NZrtab
To complete the form:
- Fill in your country details
- Select the wholesale member check box to sign up as a distributor so you qualify for the 24% discount (there is no obligation to distribute)
- Paste my user ID into the sponsor number and enroller number box: 3130217
- Complete your personal details in the form
- Choose the English Premium Starter Kit box with UK plug for £139.80 (it’s on the last row in the kits selection)
- Scroll down in the Essential rewards section and click the “No, thank you. If I wish to create my own Essential Rewards order at a later point in time” check box
- Complete your payment details
- Hey presto you’re signed up and your kit will arrive within 2 days
- Drop me an email so I can send you some useful resources and add you to our friendly and helpful facebook resource group where you can learn lots about how to use your oils
The Premium Starter Kit currently includes: The Young Living Dewdrop Diffuser, Lavender oil, Peppermint oil, Lemon oil, Frankincense oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia oil (tee tree), Thieves® oil blend, Purification oil blend, R.C.™ oil blend, AromaEase™ oil blend, PanAway™ oil blend, Stress Away™ oil blend.
Just a word on diffusers – this is the only way to harness the beneficial properties in essential oil – burning oils in an oil burner kills the beneficial particles.
You can also read more of my oily posts here