Oh Paris, you were amazing, I fell head over heels all over again. Thanks for all the good times. Here is a snapshot of our visit – I was in awe of the beautiful buildings, fancy window boxes, stunning trees and beautiful architecture.
We walked and walked and walked for miles each day and compensated our bodies with some amazing food by night.
My top five things to do/see in Paris, for those who are thinking of going, are:
1. The Experimental Cocktail Club – the best cocktails I’ve ever tasted and such a great atmosphere spilling from this tiny, sophisticated joint
2. Homies – an awesome tapas restaurant in Le Marais which we stumbled across. It has a brave and delicious menu including Pickled Scallops with Apple. They use edible flowers to decorate and the whole experience is really relaxed. The service was impeccable – some of the coolest dudes in town, covered in tattoos and oozing charisma. And importantly, they have some beautiful wines
3. Musee D’Orsay – every floor is a treasure trove of beauty
4. Frenchie – we only made it to Frenchie On The Go for lunch as Frenchie itself only serves evening supper. The food did not disappoint though!
5. Polidor – Our first meal in Paris was as traditional as they come. We had the Boeuf Bourfuingnon with a bottle of red and some bread and we were in heaven. The price was equally delicious too!