This is one of my favourite light lunches and now is the perfect time to make it as vine ripened tomatoes are in season. It only takes 5 minutes to put together and tastes delicious.
You will need:
- 3 cups of chopped vine ripened tomatoes – the stronger their scent the better their taste.
- a cucumber peeled and chopped
- One green pepper seeded and chopped
- A clove of garlic (you can add more or less depending on your preference)
- A generous glug of extra virgin olive oil
- A tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- A pinch of sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ice cubes
- 1/4-1/2 cup cold water
- Freshly snipped garden chives (to garnish)
- A sprinkling of grated parmesan (to garnish)
Blend all the ingredients together in a liquidiser. Refrigerate for an hour before serving. To serve, pour into bowls (or cafe style glasses if you’re hosting a lunch for a bit more drama), add a drizzle of olive oil and a little grated parmesan and sprinkle with chives before serving.