This is one of my favourite kinds of lunch – so easy to throw together and full of vitamins and minerals. It’s a no brainer kind of recipe, for when you’re alone at home and need something nourishing and you can vary it in so many ways to make it your own.
- Throw some wilted greens or mixed salad leaves into a bowl.
- Tear in some parma ham or cured meat (I use it sparingly as it can be quite salty).
- Add a handful of thinly sliced radishes and some chopped avocado.
- Trim some fresh cress and scatter it into the bowl.
- Make a simple dressing – olive oil, half a teaspoon of dijon and a squeeze of lemon whisked together with a fork.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and season with black pepper. Toss well to make sure every leaf is coated.
- Finally grate a little parmesan on top and dig in!