What are essential oils?
Essential oils are aromatic liquids obtained from seeds, roots, flowers, leaves, shrubs, herbs and trees by gentle steam distillation or cold pressing. They have been used for thousands of years for their medicinal and emotionally uplifting properties.
Essential oils have the same function in a plant as blood does in humans, they work as the plant’s defense system, oxygenating them and carrying nutrients to each and every cell. They contain healing nutrients including hormones, minerals and vitamins to assist the plant in killing infection, repairing damage and promoting healthy cell growth.
When essential oils are applied to human skin they carry the same healing force as they do to the plant. Within 2-3 seconds they will be absorbed into your bloodstream and within 21 minutes they will saturate the entire cellular matrix. They are able to produce the highest level of oxygenating molecules in our system than any other substance on earth. Because of their high levels of oxygen, they are able to detoxify the body, increasing oxygen intake of our cells and enhancing cellular respiration. Oxygen is the enemy of many things that are harmful to our bodies. Oxygen rich and edible essential oils can even increase the absorbable value of what we eat by as much as 35%!
As well as promoting physiological wellness, essential oils also have the ability to access and affect the brain’s limbic system – the centre of emotion and memory. Many oils can be used to create positive feelings, relaxation and emotional balance. Think of the feelings you experience when you smell the oil that is released when you peel an orange, or the sense of calm that cut lavender imparts or the invigoration you might experience when you rub peppermint leaves between your fingers and breathe in the scent.
How do you use them…
Essential oils can be used in a variety of ways including: inhaling, diffusing, applying topically (directly to the skin), in massage, to make homemade remedies, balms and ointments, ingesting in cooking or in home cleaning recipes to clean your home without using toxic chemicals. You can read up on ways we use oils here
Why Young Living?
Our family chooses to use Young Living oils as part of our holistic health regime. The reason for that choice was based on a lot of research, reading up about oils and trying different brands, but in the end, quality came above all else and so Young Living was our natural choice.
- Young Living oils are therapeutic grade and 100% pure – this means they are never ever diluted or adulterated. Cheap, synthetic or diluted oils are potentially toxic.
- The organic seeds used in the oil production are hand picked and harvested in certified farms across the world where the farmland undergoes rigorous quality control measures
- The harvested plants, seeds and flowers are gently steam distilled at a low heat with exacting pressure levels, and precise timing to ensure the beneficial molecules remain in tact.
- Each bottle of oil can be traced directly back to it’s plant source
- Every bottle of oil Young Living produces is checked by hand before it is sealed to ensure it meets their high quality criteria before it is shipped out to customers all over the world
- Because of their quality and purity, a little goes a long way, meaning good value for money
- Young Living offers the opportunity to sign up as a wholesale member without obligating you to distribute the oils. This means you can get the 24% discount without even having to sell a bottle
- Their customer service team are really helpful and always willing to advise or support if needed
- I was able to join the Mint Droppers essential oils team where I can access support, advice, information and knowledge. Through this group of women I’ve learnt so much about oils and their many wonderful uses